- Provide information and training to retail public water and sewer utilities on regulatory compliance and on preserving the financial and managerial integrity of the utility. This will be accomplished through in-person and on-line training opportunities with a goal of a minimum of three events during 2020.
- Launch the PUC’s DUO website dedicated to retail public water and sewer utility regulation in Texas during 2020.
- Help the regulated community with customer relations, utility rate-making concepts and filings, and service area matters including certificates of convenience and necessity (CCN) and sale/transfer/merger (STM) applications. This will be accomplished by staff and through use of a contractor that will conduct on-site, free assistance to utility owners, managers and operators.
- Recruit temporary managers and receivers for non-functioning water and sewer utilities.
- Help utilities in supervision, receivership or temporary management with reaching the end goal of becoming a viable retail public utility.
- Network and build relationships with industry professionals and water and sewer utilities to understand their needs and help achieve regulatory compliance.